Sunday, June 27, 2004

AMELIA'S ASLEEP

It's Monday morning, and when she wakes I'll be taking her shopping. It's one of the most wonderful adventures she and I share together.

Have you noticed that mothers (mostly mothers) talk to their babies and children in public places and don't mind who hears? I used to think that was a funny (as in peculiar) thing to do. But as we go up and down the aisles of the supermarket, I hear myself talking to Amelia - sometimes in 'baby talk' - and don't mind who listens!

I tell her she's beautiful, rehearse what I have to buy, and give her safe things to hold - and which she can safely bite on with her two lower front teeth.

I'm away for a while, so will be in touch when I return in a couple of weeks. Feel free to leave a comment or greeting!

Rowland Croucher.